Friday 23 January 2009

Imbolc next....



Dates – 2nd February (or 26th January if you want to celebrate the Lunar version!)
Celebrating the rising Spring energy.... hurray!
Associated with holy wells, sacred flames, prophesy, healing, Brigid goddess of poetry, sheep and the hag goddess..... among other things.

last year I was in Bali reading the tarot cards...
before that in Scotland contemplating changing my name to the one that my Scottish grandfather always called me ...Sallie...pronounced Sallia.
this is a sketch from that time on the wall in my studio.

Happy Imbolc

1 comment:

Fi said...

Hi Sally,

I really like the idea of 'Sallia'.

My ancestors were Scottish - on my mam's side.

A couple of years ago my mother, youngest sister, eldest daughter and me 'walked the walk' of the ancestors in Aberdeen. And my sister and I found the old graveyard (17-1800s) where some of the ancestors are buried ...

Methinks I might be revisiting that experience ... perhaps in a 'late' contribution to Samhain

Fi
xx