Tuesday 19 October 2010

Severn Journey

Here's a lovely poem from Roger - a thoughtful journey.....


Thursdays are early mornings for me
I get a train at 7-58 that hurtles me into Gloucester

leaving behind the nature of the Forest of Dean
but feeding me with the pleasures
of the ever-always-changing River Severn.....


Where my eyes fail
My dreams arrive

Sparse trees making their slow way
across fields chopped flat

birds clip a xylophone of leaves

some things to remember
some things to do

Mist-cloud-fury of fading dawn
and water curling in its own danger

They threaten windmills
nothing could steal this show

Each word measures my journey
prolongs my memory

Pays back the cost of my ticket
and beckons the day closer


best to all
will send some pics


Roger



......

1 comment:

Sally Stafford said...

nice one Roger...looking forward to the photos too x