Sunday 12 June 2011

Summer Solstice Suddenly Suprises - 9 days to go!

Tree of Life



Hot from the kiln! I made this as the leaves came into full bloom and thinking of the long summer days yet to come. Then there were Bank Holidays, celebrations and exhibitions to prepare for so just collected this from the Pottery Group kiln last Thursday night. My heart leaped as I saw it, just as I had pictured it would be. Fresh and full with the bark glowing and the light dancing. The frame is an unused wooden cheeseboard, I love re-using such things, please don't throw yours away, save them for me!
As I stood thinking about this piece, late last night, I realised the Solstice is only 10 days away, the season of lengthening days is passing, harvest time soon approaching.
I wonder how you all will celebrate the Solstice, The Wheel of Life and Nature's bountiful beauty?

This is my meditation before I paint or play with clay, puts my head and heart into the right place.

Follow me!

Share your Solstice creativity in words, pictures, music... by e-mail here.

love and light

Lindsey

5 comments:

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Fantastic tree of life, love the recycling. Enjoyed the trip round the garden.

Sally Stafford said...

fab! lovely to see your garden...i was just waiting for you to put the kettle on and we could have tea under Foggy's pergola. Tree of life looks beautiful and great way to display it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely - your garden is wonderful and the view is expansive - I can see why it makes you feel creative. I'm jealous....
Love your 'tree of cheese life' - looks great!
love liz
xxx

Lindsey said...

Thanks everyone, I love my garden and the Tree of Life is in Teesdale Artist's Network exhibition now along with other work - commissions only for the ceramic trees - I think I want to keep this one! How lovely to have this going on for the Solstice - there may be pictures later!

Marie said...

Beautiful Lindsey!
Marie xxx