Tuesday 20 September 2011

Autumn Equinox: Alban Elued (Light of the Water): Mabon: Harvest Home

As the equinox approaches in this time of equal day and night great flocks of birds fly over my head, migrating, the trees are in their last bloom, the reds and golds light the paths I wander. 
Nature's colours stun me and I have to stop and stare.



I feel the thinning of the veil and remember. 
September, a time of loss, withdrawal, of seasonal activities ending. 
September, a time for planning, thinking, gathering in the harvest.


 And in my garden flowers bloom still


and we just had sweetcorn from the garden for dinner!


The Wheel turns
time now for healing and rest
and staring into log fires!

Wishing you all joy
love and light
Lindsey

2 comments:

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

beautiful words & pictures! the fall...my favorite time of year...thinking, planning, remembering...letting go...and moving on. the last of the blooms...the changing colors of green to fiery! AND the crackling of the fireplace!

your corn looks delicious!! my garden this year...went by way of...the deer??

wonderful post!! thanks! :)

Lindsey said...

thanks Laura - the corn was small but perfectly formed and so delicious straight from the garden! Been a funny year for growing over here, but then we always blame the weather!