Thursday 20 August 2009

"HoleyStoneyMobile"



This is what happened to the stones with holes in that Sally gathered at Dungeness and generously donated to me to make something for the CY project, some bits from the slate in our bathroom, some garden twine and another holey stone I've had for years.
I loved making this in our garden in glorious sunshine , the juxtaposition of the natural and man-made pieces facinates me, I like that the stones speak to each other and that it's all natural materials although they will biodegrade/wear away in extremely differing timescales!
The mobile is on loan (from CYP) in our bathroom and has improved the view from the loo, visitors always have a play (well OK so do we!) and enjoy the somehow stately swinging and gentle tapping. Another bathroom distraction!
Presently this is called "HoleyStoneyMobile" which is hardly original so I'd appreciate any ideas for a more appropriate title.

Lindsey

2 comments:

Fi said...

Hi Lindsey,

I love the photo of the stones in the bathroom window ...

first thing that came to mind re titling was Polo, but - apart from the holo o'course - I think I was heavily influenced by the whitish arcticish, north polo-ish effect of the overall photo ...
hmmm, will have another think ... actually still like Polo ... but will have anothr think :-)

Fi
xx

lizbeth said...

how about 'peace' as a title?