Tuesday 22 September 2009

Equinox Arbour

Through the spiral to the sanctuary

The passport to the sacred dance

Lindsey and I built this arbour from new and salvaged wood, so hence, it’s name: Do You Know What It Was Yet?

To me it is the culmination of a journey through creativity with Lindsey and myself working both in harmony with each other and in tune to nature. Through the spiral to the sanctuary. The passport to the sacred dance. Simply sitting inside, even though the flowers have yet to grow, I find an inner tranquillity. Our pets lie at peace beside us. At the centre of this potent symbol a balance is found between heaven and earth; as in the equinox there is balance between light and dark.


Foggy

3 comments:

Sally Stafford said...

Hello Foggy

a warm welcome to you
what a wonderful contribution...beautiful pictures and inspiring words.
I love the view through the spiral to the sanctuary
what pleasure your garden must give to the two of you.

sally

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Celtic Year, Foggy.

Wonderful woodworking, in addition to Sally's comments.

IoG

Foggy said...

Glad you like the woodwork. However, I feel compelled to 'fess up that all the wonderful wobbly bits are the re-cycled parts & I had nothing to do with their bending.