Wednesday 2 December 2009

Painting fairies

Today I varnished 3 paintings. The first was a "master-class" from Sally that we all contributed to; the next two were what Liz and I produced as a result of Sally’s skilled tutorage. It was a fantastic experience to work with my Celtic sisters and I think that this shows. I hadn’t realized that we had been painting fairies and pixies, butterflies and moons but we were.
The birches, Beth, are bright, shining and feminine. They are magical trees, protective, creative and healing, I always feel cleansed and grounded when near any trees but I especially love the Lady of the Woods and the dappled whispering light around her.
So I have named my painting Three Sisters and for me it is full of symbolism at this time of change. Many of you will know that Sally has passed on the Mistress of the Blog’s green leafy hat to me and so for another year and a day (give or take) I will be reminding you of upcoming dates in the Celtic Year (this bit scares me – I don’t even remember my family birthdays!) and posting your contributions. I’ve been looking at the amount of work we have on the blog and am so impressed – there are pieces which make me laugh, cry, ponder, puzzle and I am in awe of the talent in our wonderful community! There is such a rich Celtic ethos running through the project with artisans collaborating, sharing or sparking ideas and simply celebrating nature.
Here, or wherever we are, on each of the festivals, solstice and equinox we’ll send unconditional love to you and drink to - The Celtic Year Project.

Love and light

Lindsey

2 comments:

Foggy said...

I can see the ghosts of other trees. x

SheilasEmbroidery said...

fantastic paintings well done, glad to see you back in the groove