Thursday 20 May 2010

Twinkletingletangle

Here's a strange little piece I made up whilst falling asleep, I'm not sure of the Celtic connection but it is certainly a tale about a storyteller - good enough for me!

Twinkletinkletangle told a terrible tale in a tenebrous tavern
Of a terrifying territorial tiger with titanic teeth
With tall, tantalising, titanium tips
Of the tintinnabulation of his tone
A timbre with tincture of titan and Thugs
Teasing tremors of terminal thoracic terror
Telling of the thorny threat of tearing toes.
The tale then told Twinkletinkletangle
Tasted his tapas, tackled his tartlet and topped up his tankard
Then tangentially talked of tamarisk and tangerines ‘til twilight.

Hugs
Lindsey

4 comments:

Lizbeth Wilson said...

I love this. Reminiscent of Jabberwocky and Cat in the Hat.
Try saying it after a few drinks! xxx

Lindsey said...

Thanks - I worry about what I think about when supposed to be falling asleep and reading it is best in your head - a right tonguetwister!

Sally Stafford said...

how on earth did you manage to go to sleep? love it...sound like one for Fillip to illustrate...have you sent it to him?
x

Lindsey said...

Oh what a good idea I'l FB link and ask him! Hugs