Saturday 4 April 2009

ooooh I'm so excited!




I got the last place on a textile workshop with the wonderful India Flint....

'maker of marks, forest wanderer & tumbleweed, stargazer & stitcher, botanical alchemist & string twiner, dreamer and occasional poet'

later this month I will be splashing around in eco colour – ecologically sustainable natural dyes for textiles

then later this year when my meadow is growing abundantly I can make my own dyes and clothes and integrate textiles into my work....well that’s what i think now, ever the optimist ;)

click here to see India's website and here for her blog all images from one or other of these

just seen that she is trying to organise a workshop in Belgium...i know a few people out there...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...Ho Ho HO! Now you cookin' Love these textiles Mme Celtic Year.

Many thanks for the kind comments Re: Word Clouds/Summerland combo below I will get round to trying something with the words everone offered to my earlier plea, and then we'll see if I can still produce something provocative (or evocative).

Perhaps I can combine the wool/weaving "thingies" with the dyes in the summer?

ATB

Ian
IoG (etc...)

Lizbeth Wilson said...

Love the vibrancy of these textiles, especially the 'falling leaves' on the top one.