Monday 6 April 2009

Saille Tree Flag




The willow, tree of enchantment, inspirational to poets, artist, musicians, priests and priestesses...at least according to my favourite book on the subject, 'A Tree in your Pocket' by Jacqueline Memory Paterson (actually this is Ian's book but I'm hoping he's forgotten).

Also inspiration for first tree flag...made to adorn the willow at the bottom of my garden, not hung there yet but will be when all the plants are planted and seeds sown....just in time to celebrate the arrival of friends from Australia.


3 comments:

Fi said...

I love the tree flag. Beautiful colour, is it a found colour or did you dye it yourself ...?

Fi
xx

Sally Stafford said...

Very much a found fabric ...found in the Fairy Making kit...left over from a time when I/we had to make 100’s of wire and textile fairies for an interior designer....the sight of the box makes Nigel shudder and evokes comments about slave labour from my children...still they were lovely...

Hoping second generation Tree Flag will be naturally dyed fabric . Sally x

Lizbeth Wilson said...

I really like the tree flag; the iridescence of the fabric in the light is great. It looks almost ghostly.