Friday 12 June 2009

Biography

This is Liz's response

How do you relate to Samhain – how do you rest and refresh yourself, how has your life-path led you to this point, what are your spiritual and cultural roots, who or what do you listen or attend to for guidance, who are your mentors? Do the night-time and darkness figure in your life, inspire you; and if so, how?

As the year enters its annual dark phase I find my life has begun its own phase of darkness and unhappiness. I am not where I want to be, or doing what I want to do. There are souls who wish me ill and are working to cripple my spirit.

The black dog of depression and its paranoia puppy leap around my feet, waiting for me to trip into their shadow. My duvet becomes a café of sanctuary and sanctity. My lover’s arms sooth and build confidence.

In the depths of sadness, joy exists in the love of my family and friends. My grandson’s first birthday and the yuletide celebrations remind me of the truth of myself and the falsity of those who work to crush my soul.


How do you relate to Imbolc – what are you wishing to bring out in the new growth cycle ahead, what are your plans, hopes and aspirations. Do sacred waters, streams, wells and flowing waters figure in your life, inspire you; and if so, how?

My new life begins. From great sadness and closed doors a clear path opens. I’m unemployed and wobbly, but I sense a part of me beginning to open, to hope, to dare to try.

Buried creativity and imagination burst to the surface; muddled and confused. Experimentation with a variety of art forms gives me confidence to play with my own creative yearnings.

Walks along the river bank in crisp snow cleanse and restore me. The snow covers everything bare and sad, yet as it melts it removes negativity to reveal new life beginning to grow. I am part of this process; I’m renewing my connection with the universe and her eternal life force, where everything is possible.

How do you relate to Beltain – what have you recently put into place, what new projects have you activated, where are you putting your energies at the moment? Do stones, trees, plants and place figure in your life, inspire you; and if so, how?

My energies have grown, risk taking is fun; play is creative. Trusting my instincts is the true path to contentment.

Black dog and paranoia puppy have been banished to their kennel.

New creative spirits have entered my life and shown me new paths, new ideas, new possibilities. Tumbling thoughts emerge in writing, knitting and an installation.

Submissions and competitions; rejection and success!

Part time work training and lecturing reminds me of a forgotten pleasure and reward. My confidence builds and business is looking up.

Rainy festivals and tornadoes demonstrate the universe’s power and sense of humour. Music and dance take our cares away and we laugh.

The riverside has grown; wild garlic and wood anemones abound. The scent of garlic is heady and pungent; anemones shout the promise of summer in their delicate light shades. Tress and shrubs burst with leaves and blossom. Sheep call expectantly in the meadows and birds shout their joy from the tree tops as ducks scud and flap across the busy river.
Life is good – the fire of life burns anew, with a different flame.

How do you relate to Lammas – how do you celebrate your successes, what especial communities do you belong to, who do you share your ideas with and how? Do fairs and festivals figure in your life, inspire you; and if so, how?

The Celtic Year community absorbs my time as Lammas approaches; encouraging, sharing, enlightening, energising. So many ideas, such little time!

As summer grows, so do I; confidence in my own power to create success develops.

The results of my creative labour are seen in my cooking, my vegetable garden, my writing, my textiles and my art.

I look forward to my daughter’s wedding a few days after Lammas. Dresses, shoes, flowers and cakes dominate our happy conversations. My grandson grows delightfully; his humour, positivity and unconditional love inspire and humble me.

Stronger connections with fellow believers are developed. We know we can use the power of our sprits to connect with the universal power, to attract and create the realities we want for ourselves and our communities.

2 comments:

Fi said...

Hi Liz,

this is such a great picture of a journey into blossoming creativity and artistry.

The bestest of luck with all of those 'so many new ideas'.

Looking forward to seeing you and sharing creative chats in a few weeks time.

Fi
xx

Lindsey said...

beautifully said, keep those bad dogs down!

love and light

Lindsey