Thursday 25 June 2009

More Introductions

This time from Lindsey who said -
I decided this had to relate to our garden which is my obsession just now, where I feel safe and where my creativity has less barriers to leap.


Samhain

Hibernation frustration prevarication
Obfuscation delegation derogation
Family friends fire, friendly huddling fire
Denying debilitation
Warning off the bite of cold – and walking

Thought pathways stymied connections severed
Passively resisting hope and change
But walking, always walking - against the wind
Unconsciously mending
Sorting threads and seeking thimbles
Against the pricks of mind’s onslaught

Long hours of darkness for debating
Games and other couch potatoing
Chilly moving quickly from the kitchen sink
Stagnant already following winter habits
But walking, always walking – trying to think
And loving, unconditionally loving
Even when I want to scream
….I must be out

Imbolc

I am not clean or clear
I should sort those stale and stifling winter thoughts.
…..I must be out.
I pull weeds and hear the tears of familiar comforting excuses
They groan and cry
My back groans and I sigh back but
…..I must be out.

I see the inherent succession
I feel the growth ahead and calm companion planting
…..I must be out
Winter thoughts and weed now thinning
They don’t want to depleted but
…..They must be out

I’m now planning
For the dismal north facing roadside garden
….I must be out
We need balance harmony peace and reflection
With less sarcastic inflection
.…I must be out

Beltain

Imbolc inspired
I sculpt a well-like pond and S shaped stream
A spring from rocks left by the glaciers that formed “The Hill”
Pebbles from a river bed and gravel to meditate by

Twisted hazel guards the spring and winks
Generous peris hebes and dark elders echo their reds and pinks
Rangy rhododendrons flounce their frilly skirts girlishly to remind me

It is not all about the garden it is all about me
It is unfinished – like I wish to be
I paint with stone soil plants they feed me give me joy and
….. I’m OUT!


Lammas

Sanctuary in the garden “shopping” for tea
A warm haven after a working day
A daily celebration a giving thanks
A gathering of bounty stresses pushed away

Feasting with family and friends
The simple pleasures the country fairs
Selling cakes in the market and basking in sun
The tactic avoidance of life’s little snares

Storing up energy for there and then
Building up treasures pleasure for reflection
And friends whose birthdays I never remember
But think of more often with enduring affection

Only sitting with a book in the garden
The cats and dog lying around me
With bees in the flowers surrounding
And basking (did I mention) in sun
……I am OUT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey I love the format, how the year unflods for you and the way this paints images of your garden so clearly in my head. just lovely. Sally x

Anonymous said...

unfolds even....wish i read comments before posting them! sally

SheilasEmbroidery said...

And the images are stunning

Fi said...

Hiya Lindsey,

I'm just reading these now, otherwise I could have made this comment in person at the weekend ...
These writings have such a great series of rhythms in them, and as Sheila says, great images

Fi
xx