Tuesday 7 July 2009

The Exhibition Opening

Hello,

I want to say how much I enjoyed the opening of the Celtic Year Exhibition on Sunday, loved it.

It had been great to meet Liz and Lindsey earlier in the week when they came down from Derbyshire to catch some of the Coleford Festival of Words, and we had such a fun day on the Thursday actually hanging the exhibition.

And on the opening day itself it was lovely to meet Marie in person and see Tony - though I missed having a chat with Tony, so am taking the opportunity now to say that I love the shape and feel of your lamp, and beautiful imagery when lit! I hear too that you quite like the book accompanying it.

The book I'm referring to, for those who haven't seen it, is a handmade book that I bought in Cornwall years ago and which has been waiting for a special use ... and now has in it some of my work on this blog - Yezriel, Gedesa, The Six Sisters of Stour - and which has blank pages waiting for further tales and poems of the Celtic Year ... and which I started to write on the day of the launch, more of this to come ...

Oh, and to walk through Bridget's path, created by Liz and Lindsey in the willow archway, on towards a gorgeous and ancient (got to be ancient, it's huge) Acer where Pete's Ogham installation is hung ... not to mention Pete's Ivy Throne at the edge of the large grassy area ...

I also really enjoyed doing readings of our work, with Liz and Lindsey, reading from the ruins of a stone balustrade that just begs for performance

Intermittent heavy showers didn't spoil the pleasure of the afternoon ... but maybe whetted (no pun intended) the appetite for Paul's goat curry, delicious!

I personally gained loads from being involved with this exhibition and finding ways to present my text in visual and sculptural ways has opened out whole new avenues of inspiration.

Thank you Sally for being the catalyst and continuing motivator for this project!

And looking forward to meeting up with Celtic Year folk later in the year.

Fi
xx

1 comment:

Sally Stafford said...

Beautifully put as ever Fi. It has been a memorable and inspirational few days. I'm going to post some photos later and I'm sure edited film highlights will follow in due course.
Sally x