Monday 2 February 2009

coming home for Imbolc

I came home to celebrate Imbolc at St Antony's Well, deep in the Forest, where
our local sheep are all heavily pregnant and preparing themselves for lambing...
Imbolc, I am told, celebrates the rising Spring energy....
Associated with holy wells, sacred flames, prophesy, healing, Brigid goddess of poetry, sheep and the hag goddess; it was a beautiful sunny day with a waxing Snow Moon in the sky....
the legend associated with the well has it that if you visit on this day and drink the waters, you can predict the weather for the rest of Spring...
I drank deeply, the sky turned yellow and that evening the largest snowfall for 18 years arrived ....
Imbolc closes for us two Sagittarians with a symbolic closing of the door on Winter
Music by Kinobe & Bonobo


"I'm afraid you'll have to do that again Nigel !"

4 comments:

Fi said...

Hi Nigel,
I really enjoyed your re-enaction of the St Anthony's Well legend!

In the text I particularly loved the image of the waxing Snow Moon - beautiful

In the film ...

Stroud - such a pretty station

I really liked -

the musics that accompanied the footage

that you had a tankard (of pewter?) for your draught Wellian waters

my first glimpse into Sally's studio from the garden

the aqua sky broken with the sliver of moon

the combination of images and music from about 2.30 to 3.10, stunning!

Where might be located the Minotaur weather vane?

Inspiring!

Fi
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Fi,

Glad you enjoyed the candle closeups...

The Sagitarrius Archer is on the garage roof at Puzzle House in Brierle - never noticed it before that day, but will always remember it from now on

Nige

Fi said...

Ah, Sagittarian archer!

Bum (Or should I say bull!)I just realised I put Minotaur instead of Centaur LOL!!!

Will look out for the archer when I'm next passing through Brierley.

Fi
xx

Anonymous said...

Love the imagery and the music; the changing sky, the archer, the Japanese feel to the well and candles, the moon and the frozen bucket.