Saturday 7 February 2009

more...

Between The Lines - Words In A February Pond

Reading you both
the echo of a folk song flies through the winter sunset air and
lands like a snowflake in the middle of a pond made of moonlight

Gentle as the landing is
ripples start to spread across the pond

My young love comes to me
On our wedding day ...

The echo stops there
and I struggle to remember
what else
what next

While I am struggling
a second snowflake drifts from Karl Jenkins' Palladio
and alights on the moonlight pond
mingling and merging with the echo of the folk song

and pushing the musical ripples
further across the platinum waters
that stretch out in front of me

The face of the moon appears between the lines
and I know I don't have to have the words
for the songs to be always mine.

Fi

(As it came, an immediate response to Liz and Roger's words. Thanks honeys!! )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fi,

Just reread your poem and had to google Karl Jenkins - I am now a convert and have listened to Palladio all night while prepariung my presentation for today - thanks for the inspiration... and the musical ripples xxx

Fi said...

Hi Nigel,

My pleasure!

Karly was another of my Radio 3 discoveries :-)

Palladio, so rousing, makes me want to spin cartwheels through mountain kings' halls!

Fi
xx