Thursday 19 February 2009

Three books


...like a tarot spread....past, present and future? Maybe....or just foretelling another day out of the studio
Katherine Tyrrell wrote about The Art Atlas which is as she says “an excellent and unique reference book for anyone interested in art history” , you can read her review here

Tarot Wisdom is the latest Rachel Pollack book. Tarot has been part of my life for a very long time and anything by Rachel Pollack is essential reading.

Tarot leads to the final book, South East Asia, on a budget (very important that bit). Last year Jan and I had an amazing month in a luxury spa in Bali...she was reading the cards and I was painting..all expenses paid. Next winter we plan a couple of months travelling... Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. Much as I have loved the snow another winter maybe too much of a good thing!

All in all maybe not much to do with The Celtic Year...but can’t be sure till I’ve read the books.

Sally x

btw I’m now operating a one in one out policy for books...so three have to go...difficult but they are The Magus by John Fowles, The Zahir by Paulo Coelho and The Cloning of Joanna May by Fay Weldon. All excellent books...if you would like one or all of them leave a comment below or let me know Sx

No comments: