Monday 2 February 2009

Imbolc Light


Today a new light arrived.
Tony has combined my painting...one inspired by Ian's photograph of snow on the road to Hay-on-Wye into a light column. The photograph doesn't do it justice it really glows when the light inside is on. Light comes out at the top and through the canvas ...so just need something to illuminate on top...another of Sally's sculptures on top will be perfect...just as well as she has a new one for me....the one shown here was Whispering Head...but we agree on its change of name, here in my garden where she lives now she's Listening ...listening to the secrets of the Forest.
On the other side of the Imbolc Light is my Forest Star...my favourite boys carried it back from the Forest and I love to sit on the Balinese bench beside it and admire the view and the Star...thank you

2 comments:

Fi said...

Hi Guardian of Imbolc Light and Forest Star,

who are your favourite boys

who might ye be

or might ye be posting anonymously ... ?

From Fi

Sally Stafford said...

hi Fi
not posting anonymously...just incompetently ...it was i the snow queen of cannop...Sally. My favourite boys are all (yes all 5) sons of light maker extraordinaire Peter ...was hoping to spur him into action for The Celtic Year...but he’s too busy in Africa i think...maybe the equinox or solstice will tempt him out to play...they sound lighty x